5 Things To Do If You’ve Been In An Accident
The steps you take in the immediate aftermath of a car accident can have a significant impact on related legal and financial matters. Following are five things you can do to protect your rights and well-being after a car accident.
- Ensure your safety and the safety of others: First and foremost, remove yourself from danger. Make sure others are out of harm’s way. Seek help for other drivers and passengers and anyone else who may have suffered an injury in the accident.
- Call the police: Police reports play a critical role in car accident injury claims. Police investigations can also uncover negligence and unlawful behavior by motorists and other parties.
- Seek medical attention: If you have been injured, it is important that you obtain a thorough medical evaluation. Your health and well-being depend on it. Also, you need documented evidence of your injuries if you pursue a car accident injury claim.
- Document the accident: Critical information about the accident can make a difference in a car accident claim. If possible, take photos of the damage to vehicles, skid marks, visibility conditions and road conditions. Collect the contact information of everyone involved in the accident, including drivers and passengers. Find out if there are eyewitnesses to the accident. If so, collect their contact information.
- Call a lawyer: If you have suffered an injury, it is important to consult with an experienced car accident attorney before accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company. A good personal injury lawyer can help you pursue maximum compensation for your medical bills, wage loss, pain and suffering, and other hardships.
Serving Los Angeles, Van Nuys And All Of Southern California
A car accident injury can leave you with numerous hardships. Our law firm is here to answer your questions and help you pursue compensation for your losses. Please contact us today online or by telephone at 866-267-9764 to arrange a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer.
Se Habla Español