Call Us Now Toll Free - 800-555-2989

Se Habla Espanol

Car Accident FAQ

Find out more with frequently asked questions


Here are the answers to a few frequently asked questions about California car accidents:

Yes.  If you do not have health insurance, we can arrange for medical treatment without any advanced cost or expense to you because a doctor will feel assured of payment when your case concludes because you are represented by a law firm that is also deferring payment until a recovery is obtained.

Yes. You are entitled to be reimbursed for wages or salary lost due to the injuries sustained in your accident.  It is essential that you seek medical attention for your injuries before you can claim the injuries caused you to miss work.  You should also discuss with your physician the nature of your job and why you will not be able to perform your work as a result of your injuries.  Your doctor may instruct you to take off work due to your injuries, and you will be entitled to get all the money that you would have earned if you would have gone to work in that period of time.  Also, you may recover diminished income capacity (i.e., the income you would have been able to earn had you not been injured that you are now unable to earn).

Only an experienced attorney can put property assess the value of your case.  This can only occur after you have completed all medical treatment and the nature and extent of your injuries are precisely determined, and the cost of your present and future medical treatments are known. Furthermore, there are other factors that determine the value of your case such as the amount of wages or salary lost due to the accident, recent jury verdicts on similar cases in your area, the credibility of all parties involved and the extent and degree of your pain and suffering.

Yes.  If your vehicle suffered damages as a result of the accident, your vehicle must be repaired by the insurance of the party at fault in the accident.  Your insurance may provide for a rental car but if it does not, you should be reimbursed for the expense of a rental for the time your vehicle is unavailable.  However, if your vehicle is totaled (the cost of repair is more than the value of the vehicle), you are entitled to get the fair market value of the vehicle as of the date of the accident.  In this situation, you are entitled to a rental car for a reasonable period (usually from the time of the accident to the time the insurance company sends you a check for to pay for your vehicle). 


Accolades & Memberships

James is rated as a “Top Attorney” for Personal Injury by Avvo, he is a member of the American Bar Association, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce and his firm is an A+ rated business by the Better Business Bureau. In addition to California, James is also licensed to practice law in Florida, New York and Pennsylvania.

  • Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce
  • AVVO Rating 9.5 Superb | Top Attorney Personal Injury
  • ABA Defending Liberty Pursuing Justice

  • Law Office of James D. Pacitti, Inc., Attorneys, Van Nuys, CA

  • Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles TLC Los Angeles trial lawyers' charities


Pacciti law firm' charities
Phone: 800-555-2989
Fax: 866-684-6734