The firm handles all legal and business aspects of TV and film development, production and distribution including financing, corporate formation and organization, acting as production counsel and negotiating and preparing sale, license and distribution agreements (See Practice Areas for more information).
For over 20 years, James D. Pacitti, the founder and managing attorney, has aggressively represented and assisted thousands of clients in entertainment, intellectual property and business matters and in state and federal litigation.
James D. Pacitti has been practicing law since graduating from Fordham University School of Law in New York City in 1995 and is licensed to practice in California, Florida, New York and Pennsylvania.
Born and raised in Philadelphia, James went to college at Northeastern University in Boston, graduating cum laude. After graduating law school, James practiced in his hometown for three years prior to relocating to Florida where he headed a department in one of the largest litigation law firms in the country. In 2007, James relocated to California and started his own practice focused on entertainment law, business law and litigation.
James brings a broad base of experience that provides him with a unique perspective which he uses to help his clients avoid the many pitfalls awaiting in the often treacherous world of entertainment. In addition to practicing entertainment and transactional law, James has vast civil litigation experience and has tried dozens of cases during his career. With experience in both commercial transactions and the lawsuits that often follow, James is able to guide his clients to avoid those situations that will expose them to unnecessary liability and expenses.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., cum laude , Northeastern University, 1992
- California, 2007
- Florida, 1997
- New York, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997
- Pennsylvania, 1996
Admitted To Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
If you have questions regarding an entertainment, business or litigation matter, please contact us at 800-590-6905 or click here.
The initial consultation is always complimentary.
At the conclusion of the initial consultation, all clients are provided a comprehensive assessment of their legal needs, the time involved to provide the proposed services and the projected costs.